I am Wilderness, LLC is an independent consulting firm specializing in digital marketing, research support and science communication services for natural resource management, conservation and research-based institutions.
- Conservation, ocean policy and communications strategy development
- Digital media production and storytelling
- Social media consulting, management, and community curating/organizing
- Creation, editing and advising for film and written content; science editing
- Writing – science, conservation, eco/”green” and adventure travel
- Scientific surveys, assessments and reporting
Past & Present Clients and Close Affiliates Include:
Consortium for Ocean Leadership ⚙ The Pew Charitable Trusts ⚙ Nacionalidad Waorani Nawe ⚙ Mid-Atlantic Regional Council on the Ocean (MARCO) ⚙ Greenpeace USA ⚙ Trip at Skyscanner ⚙ National Geographic Books ⚙ Oceanic Society ⚙ Conservation International ⚙ Blue Ocean Film Festival ⚙ Sargasso Sea Alliance ⚙ Lynx Ediciones ⚙ CEMEX ⚙ REMSA ⚙ Wockenfuss Candies ⚙ Green Multimedia SAC ⚙ Wind River Clothing ⚙ Mission Blue/Sylvia Earle Alliance
- Research support for the Office of Naval Research’s Task Force Ocean Assessment.
- Publication of the monthly deep sea mining newsletter – DSM Observer.
- Special project coordinator for the 2018 State of the World Sea Turtles (SWoT) report.
- Scientific sampling for ocean plastic pollution on a transatlantic crossing with Greenpeace USA and 5 Gyres.
- Provision of a Communications Plan, communications services and key outreach materials for the Mid-Atlantic Regional Council on the Ocean (MARCO) for 2.5 years. Products include social media, e-newsletter and website management and content creation; exhibit display and materials; design oversight of the Mid-Atlantic Regional Ocean Action Plan report and Executive Summary; press releases; stakeholder engagement and event planning; and regular consulting on outreach strategies, internal protocols and approach.
- Grant review for NOAA’s Office of Exploration.
- Development of a cultural outreach, tourism and sustainability plan for the Waorani people of the Ecuadorean Amazon.
- Extensive on-line content creation for Trip.com, particularly on eco- and adventure travel destinations. Contributions have included core descriptive content, location summaries, blog posts, hotel reviews and curation of the site’s “Eco Tribe” community.
- NMFS marine endangered species observer (MESO) & mammal observer (MMO) reporting for Cape Wind offshore wind farm assessments and Gulf of Mexico dredging operations.
- Science writing and editing for books and reports published by CEMEX, Lynx Edicions, National Geographic, the Sargasso Sea Alliance, IUCN and Conservation International.